Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SERIOUSLY CUTE STORYBOOK PARTY IDEAS

Follow Me on Pinterest offers me a world of ideas and inspiration with just the click of a button! Well, in my case, a couple of clicks: first a click on the photo to make sure it links to a website, then a "repin" or "like" click after my practical side has determined that the project/idea/decor/recipe is even in my I-think-I-can-do-this range.  Usually, if I can garner some kind of DIY inspiration, the photo makes it onto one of my boards.

So - I hope you enjoy these creative storybook party ideas I've found on Pinterest...

LITTLE GOLDEN BOOKS PARTY 
Little Golden Book Party from Aesthetic Nest.  Adorable bookplates, cupcake toppers, and cupcake wrappers are available to download.

source


ALICE IN WONDERLAND MAD HATTER TEA PARTY
I love this adorable DIY Alice gift wrap idea from Stampington & Company!  It could be adapted to make cute invitations or decorations...

A Mad Hatter Tea Party is not complete with out "Eat Me" and "Drink Me" tags! Use on goodie bags, gifts, or even as part of a creative Mad Hatter game at your party! Below are free printable Mad Hatter tags perfect for your party.  - B. Nute Productions
source
This cute table scape idea from Hostess with the Mostess is adorable!
source


MARY POPPINS PARTY
Check out these awesome silhouette decorations from Apartment Therapy.  (Click the link for details).
source


HUNGRY CATERPILLAR PARTY
Who doesn't like the Hungry Caterpillar?  Here are some fun ideas.  The one below is from Apartment Therapy...I especially love how this mom created a balloon caterpillar!
source
And look at these cute DIY invitations from Pottery Barn Kids!
source


DR. SEUSS BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS
Hostess With the Mostess featured this whimsical Dr. Seuss inspired party.
source
And another from Pizzazzerie


Now you can click - this button - if you want to Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Oh, goody. Our daughter will be a year old in April and I'd completely forgotten about any sort of birthday festivities. (And she already loves books and will scream if you take away the one she has. Toys can be replaced, but she wanted the book she was looking at, thank you very much.)

    ReplyDelete