Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Feeling "Bookish" after Black Friday and Cyber Monday...and SOME NEWS!

My family's Black Friday may sound strange to some...we had a late breakfast at our hotel, visited with extended family at my brother and sister-in-law's (while the now-adult cousins worked on a 3,000 piece puzzle), and then spent a wonderful afternoon walking along the breakwater and stopping for ice cream with my husband, kids, and grandson at the Santa Barbara waterfront.



Cyber Monday?  A pleasant blur.  I spent the day off my computer because I was at a local Antique Mall, The Brick Basement.  But I wasn't shopping.

HERE'S MY NEWS:
I was setting up a space there with my daughter!

We're calling our little shop "Bookish".  We'll be selling antiques and gently used and collectible books and vintage "bookish stuff".  My daughter is re-purposing book pages and old music paper for her crafty creations.  She made us some really cute tags:



I'll post pictures of our space soon!

In the meantime, take a peek at some of the treasures we'll be selling...We'll see how it goes.  Do any of you have experience with selling (or buying!) at Antique Malls.  We'd love any tidbits of advice you could give.




REMINDER: my Giveaway is ending soon - you still have a few days to enter for the Springerle Cookies and St. Nicholas book!  Just leave a comment (on this post, or go for  Details here.)  Giveaway ends on December 5th - Winner announced on St. Nicholas Day, December 6th!  Updated 12/6 - Giveaway over.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks like my favorite kind of antique mall booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I originally was going to post because if the pic of the SB tugboat (which James has gone on twice), but after reading your post I'm so excited to visit your shop! Plus, I love "Babyshka and the 3 kings."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! If I could, I'd definitely visit your new stall, sound so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you and Mary! Just think of all those good books you'll pass along to new families. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your shop! Looking forward to seeing all the fun things!
    -Ht

    ReplyDelete