Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, November 9, 2010

FAIRY TALES FROM GENNADY SPIRIN

"It is my great pleasure to create paintings, whether for galleries or children's books, because it is important to maintain child-like wonder to truly appreciate the amazing world we live in.  What do I want a viewer to feel when they look at my work?  My answer is simple:  absolute delight!" - Gennady Spirin.

FAVORITE FAIRY TALES BY HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN, LITTLE MERMAIDS AND UGLY DUCKLINGS

The Little Mermaid

The Ugly Duckling


In my last post, I introduced you to Russian artist and illustrator, Gennady Spirin.  He has also done some beautiful picture book adaptations of many well known fairy tales from all over the world...


FAIRY TALES, ILLUSTRATED BY SPIRIN:

Little Red Riding Hood
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD (Grimm Fairytale)

Goldilocks and the Three Bears
GOLDILOCKS AND THE THREE BEARS (Grimm Fairytale)
click here to see the gorgeous illustrations!

The Crane Wife
THE CRANE WIFE (by Odd Bodkin, Japanese Folktale)
(click here to see illustrations)

The Tale of The Firebird
THE TALE OF THE FIREBIRD (Russian fairy tale)

1 comment:

  1. he is a great favourite of mine, I love all the textures and tiny details.

    ReplyDelete