Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Decking the Halls with Boxes and ABC's!


Update: Everything is topsy turvy at my house...
I'm blogging in what used to be our dining room, cooking in what used to be our laundry room, and pretty much living in the middle of stacks of boxes while new construction is being done on our home.

I'm taking a quick break from packing, dusting, picking out plumbing fixtures, dusting, and addressing Christmas cards to share a sweet little Christmas board book with you for St. Nicholas Day (we didn't do much to celebrate his day this year).


The book is The ABC's of Christmas by Jill Howarth, and it couldn't be any cuter!  I've given a copy to my little godson and am bringing another copy with me to New York for my toddler grandson when I travel there tomorrow!





This book offers a festive way to learn all the letters of the alphabet using fun Christmas-themed word associations!  

Of course Santa shows up at the end.  Shhh.  (He's catching some sleep... Zzzzz...because he's so tired from all his hard work!)

Happy St. Nicholas Day, and a blessed Advent from our house to yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment