Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Wednesday, November 22, 2017

TAKE A PEEK...THANKFUL FOR MY NEW HOME LIBRARY!


Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours! 

At the moment, I am sitting and typing this blog post from my cozy new library/office, definitely thankful to be done with our home renovations and getting ready to be off-line for the holiday while I do my Thanksgiving baking and turkey trimming!


This time last year we were cooking in the laundry room (which is now a butler's pantry) while our kitchen was being remodeled, sleeping in our guest room while our small master bathroom was being enlarged and renovated, and basically living out of our burgundy dining room...


...which we turned into the gray-blue library/office pictured in remodel stages below!





My boxes of books (read my Bookworm post) filled up the shelves quickly!  Here's a peek...




With the help of my niece, who is an incredibly talented interior designer, we're almost done with all the finishing touches.  We still need to get a rug on the floor and some art on the walls, but we're almost there.  It's my new happy place!


If you can't find me, I'm probably there!

Which brings me to today's book, The Library by Sarah Stewart and David Small.  If you love books, you'll love this story!


Elizabeth Brown doesn't like to play with dolls and she doesn't like to skate. What she does like to do is read books. Lots of books. The only problem is that her library has gotten so big she can't even use her front door anymore. What should Elizabeth Brown do? Start her own public library, of course! With charming verse and watercolors Sarah Stewart and David Small celebrate one of America's oldest and finest institutions.
 
(The Library is a 1995 New York Times Book Review Notable Children's Book of the Year and Outstanding Book of the Year.)


3 comments:

  1. Your library is wonderful. I can dream of putting all my favorite books on the shelves.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have my books displayed like this.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely library. My books would look so nice in that bookshelf.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete