Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Wait is Over!

Grandchild #3 is here!  It's said the third time's a charm, and Alexandra Elizabeth - "Lexi" - is most definitely charming! 


Reading The Happy Egg by Ruth Krause and Crockett Johnson (originally published 1967) together with my grandsons before the baby's arrival, we all recognized the seemingly endless anticipation we felt just like the mother hen. 







Lexi arrived on February 10th, and boy did she sing!


Her Mommy and Daddy and two big brothers are smitten with their lovely little Valentine!

Her Grandma is back home now, sad that my four weeks in New York are over, but happy to have been able to help out and spend time with my daughter and son-in-law and grandchildren... 



We read lots of books together, and I'm ready to blog about them.  February may be gone, but lots to share this month in my upcoming posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment