Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Wednesday, June 8, 2022

A Little Nook for Books

Project Book Nook is finished! 

When my grandchildren come to stay, books are always part of the visit.  Always. When we remodeled our home three years ago, we created a beautiful library room downstairs, and lately I've been working on a little reading nook upstairs.

Because of the dormers in our two-story Cape Cod style home, both of our upstairs guest bedrooms have funny little "dead space" corners. I measured and found a sweet William Morris inspired futon cushion and throw pillow from DocATot.  The cushion can lie flat and double as a "floor bed" for any visiting littles at night.

In case there was any question that this can also be a reading nook, I applied this adorable "Once upon a time..." decal that I found on Etsy (from Old Barn Rescue Company).

I think it turned out to be a very cozy space!


3 comments:

  1. Very impressive. It is so cozy and inviting.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. The reading nook i inviting. I want to sit in it with a good book.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nook is so sweet. Your grandchildren will be so excited.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete