Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Thursday, December 12, 2013

Photoblog: Making Lucia Buns with My Young Goddaughters (if they can do it, you can too!)












Lucia Bun Recipe - go HERE
 Lucia Saint of Light book by Katherine Hyde - go HERE
for details.
 St. Lucia paper doll template - go HERE



4 comments:

  1. Aren't all of you so cute? ♥ I love baking together. Yesterday we had 2 guests, one 3 year old and a 9 year old...and both of those kids loved nibbling on dark chocolate as I was making pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Martha - I agree, baking with kids is such fun. Although I did kind of "cheat", and made the dough ahead of time. I brought it to their house and we shaped all the buns together, as you can see. They loved being bakers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Happy St. Lucia Day to you and the girls tomorrow :) I'm a bit big and weary and havent been celebrating as much as usual...but I sure do love seeing what everyone else is up to! God Jul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Heather! You've got a real little bun in the oven! I'm glad you're taking time to hibernate a little - while you grow that baby boy. :)

    ReplyDelete