Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm Late, I'm Late!

Yes, I have fallen into the black (Rabbit) hole of our little antique mall business, and have been neglecting my blog.
Well, that's not entirely true.  You haven't seen a lot of posts here lately, but I've been working slowly - like the Mock Turtle - on some upcoming book reviews and giveaways! (I also found some cute Alice themed printables to share with you - at the end of this post).
Coming up soon:  an author who creates fuzzy characters, and a glorious new children's book for Easter.

In the meantime, take a peek at what's been keeping my daughter and me so busy:  we've tried to create a little "Wonderland" in our Bookish space...
 Alice was not a bit hurt, and she jumped up on to her feet in a moment: she looked up, but it was all dark overhead; before her was another long passage, and the White Rabbit was still in sight, hurrying down it. There was not a moment to be lost: away went Alice like the wind, and was just in time to hear it say, as it turned a corner, 'Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!' 
She was close behind it when she turned the corner, but the Rabbit was no longer to be seen: she found herself in a long, low hall, which was lit up by a row of lamps hanging from the roof. 
 ...There seemed to be no use in waiting by the little door, so she went back to the table, half hoping she might find another key on it, or at any rate a book of rules for shutting people up like telescopes: this time she found a little bottle on it, ('which certainly was not here before,' said Alice,) and round the neck of the bottle was a paper label, with the words 'DRINK ME' beautifully printed on it in large letters.
My daughter found the really cute free "Drink Me" tag printables here, from "Sweetly Scrapped".

2 comments: