Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Favorite...Take a Guess!

It's a rainy day, and I'm reminiscing. Do you know which book this is, and who wrote and illustrated it?  My baby grandson loves this story, and so did my oldest son when he was little.  


It's a sweet book that addresses the changing seasons. The cover art and my favorite page involve a bunny and a toadstool in the rain. I've highlighted the author/illustrator on my blog before...any guesses?


6 comments:

  1. I know exactly which book that is! I Am A Bunny was my little brother's favorite book and I must have read it to him 1000 times. When my twins were born in July my brother bought them their own copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ding, ding, ding! You're absolutely correct, Jeannine. :)
      It's by Richard Scarry. He was born in a "BUSYTOWN", Boston, MA. Growing up, "Busytown" was my favorite Richard Scarry book. - you can read my post here: http://goodbooksforyoungsouls.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-about-richard-scarry.html.

      Delete
    2. I should clarify that Richard Scarry wrote over 300 books, but only illustrated I AM A BUNNY. Ole Risom was the author.

      Delete
  2. I had that same book when I was little...I ♥ Richard Scary. His old books are awesome, and so are the newer ones of Huckle and Lowly worm, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled when I saw that cover!

    ReplyDelete