Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, December 1, 2015

On My December Bookshelf: Some New Additions to My Christmas Favorites Book List

I should have actually titled this: "Books Strewn Across My December Hearth".  I love collecting children's books, and I'm always excited about sharing my Christmas favorites with you!
You can read about many of the books shown above on my Christmas Book Resource Page (a page where I've listed my favorite Christmas books and my reviews. The list can be especially helpful if you want to make an Advent Calendar of Books!)  

But today I'm recommending some new favorites, that I've discovered since I made my original list.  So here they are, the...

NEWEST ADDITIONS TO MY CHRISTMAS BOOK LIST:

When It Snows
Read my post "A Snowy Book that Will Warm Your Heart" here.











Woodland Nutcracker
Read my post "SWEET FOR THE SUITE": An Award-Winning Canadian Nutcracker Story Inspired by Bears!" here.













A Christmas Carol 
Read my post "How Dickens Helped Saved Christmas", here.












Hans Brinker
Read my post "The Beautiful, Frozen World of Hans Brinker (From the Hand of Gifted Artist, Laurel Long!)",  here.











St. Nicholas and the Nine Gold Coins
Mentioned in my post, "A Giveaway for St. Nicholas Day", here.










The Night Before Christmas, illustrated by Robert Ingpen
Read my review here.












Let it Snow, a Toot & Puddle story.
My Review: here.












Little Grey Rabbit's Christmas (reminds me of Peter Rabbit!)
Read my review.












Little Porcupine's Christmas.
Go to my review here.












The Christmas Angels, a sweet book (first published in Germany in 1933!). Read my review.















No comments:

Post a Comment