Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Parents are Heroes

[source]
“You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.” (I love this quote, though it's from the movie, Hook, not from J.M. Barrie's book Peter Pan.)

My daughter and her husband were up most of last night with their newborn son, Peter.  I imagine they felt like they were in a place between sleeping and waking as the night wore on, but I know that is where they love Peter most.  It's an unconditional love: their tender care, sleepless nights and many other future sacrifices will prove it.

But eventually there will be less crying and more smiles. And, according to J.M. Barrie, lots of fairies : "When a new baby laughs for the first time a new fairy is born, and as there are always new babies there are always new fairies"... and Guardian Angels!


1 comment:

  1. I've always loved that quote, too. I hope the new family of three gets more rest and sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete