Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Thursday, December 27, 2012

Second Day of Christmas...the Feast of Stephen

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
    Two Turtle Doves...

JOSEPH DEVENNEY/GETTY IMAGES

This is an amazing pop-up book by Robert Sabuda

The feastday of Saint Stephen - the first Christian martyr - is commemorated on December 27 in the Eastern Orthodox Church.  (His day is celebrated on December 26 in the West.)  You might enjoy the books below from my past posts and Good King Wenceslas and Stephen's Feast:


click here for my post about Good King Wenceslas
click here for post about "Stephen's Feast"
and this book by Pauline Baynes

No comments:

Post a Comment