Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Make a Book House Like Maisy's


The other day, a friend of mine showed me the cutest Maisy book she bought for her granddaughter - Maisy's House and Garden.  I can imagine any three to five-year-old would be thrilled with the cute "carousel" style play house book, complete with stickers and attached furniture, by Lucy Cousins...


detail

Today I'd like to share something I came across last night on Pinterest from Crate Paper Blog - it's a DIY book house like Maisy's!  Amazing! Check it out...
from Crate Paper Blog
source: CP blog 
source: CP blog

I've done several blog posts about the art of paper cutting and paper engineering - including Book Making Ideas for Kids, which featured some "how to" tips and the pop-up art of Robert Sabuda.

TWO INCREDIBLE 3-D "PAPER ENGINEERED" BOOKS:

Louise Rowe
source

Robert Sabuda
source
Make a pop-up butterfly with Robert Sabuda - go here.

4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I've always steered far from pop-up books because my little ones always rip them, but now that they are older, I might be able to buy a few and keep them safely away from the littles. Thanks for this resource :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop-up books are a great way to teach kids about being gentle with books - not for the board book stage. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pop up books, the Alice is especially clever. I was looking at it recently in a very special library in Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your post about the library and your miniature Canadian Goose!

      Delete