Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Thursday, November 1, 2018

If You Have a Garden and a Library....


"...you have everything you need."

Phew!  I really can't believe it's November!!!!  July, August, September, and October flew past without me doing much blogging.  

After my daughter and her husband and our grandchildren left this summer and moved to Michigan, we devoted a few months doing some new hardscape and landscaping to augment our recent home remodel.


So I finally have a home library, and new a little garden

So here was the challenge:  I'm a reader, but not much of a gardener!  So I decided to go with galvanized containers - not only to keep out all the squirrels, rabbits, and raccoons, but also because three containers shouldn't be too overwhelming...right?  

A sweet young friend came and helped me out. We'll see how it goes!  Right now I've got tomatoes, herbs, some snap peas, strawberries, kale, chard, and lettuces. Since I got a late start, and didn't plant until mid-October, the only thing I sowed from seed was lettuce.  


Did you notice the little statue by the fence?  It is of boy holding a jar with fireflies.  It's solar powered and lights up so sweetly in the dark!  I found it on Wayfair.


Some friends of ours recently had several big pine trees removed from their property.  I asked them for their biggest stump so I could fashion a little sitting area for my grandchildren in our side yard by the container garden.  I still have to get the little log stump stools, but the stump table is ready!

And our library is coming right along - it is a lovely, cozy space!  The rug, new chair and bird print really warmed it up.


Speaking of libraries, this week I got back from a quick visit to my daughter's new home in Michigan.  She has a sweet homeschool room set up, and a little library, too!  You really just need a place for shelves and, voila!


I have some new book reviews and give-aways coming up this month, so I hope you stop back by!  Happy November!  Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment