Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Library With an Ocean View...

I hope you're paying a visit to your local library this week, in honor of National Library Week!  Take a look at the view from this library in Encinitas, CA - you can read about it further down in my post, but first I want to share two great articles I read this week highlighting some pretty amazing libraries.


The first article is from Reading Rainbow: "Ten Magical Libraries in Honor of Our Library Theme of the Week", featuring some fabulous children's libraries.  They featured one I recently visited in Camarillo, California. You can see photos and my post here.

The second article was from abc News: "Beatutiful Libraries of the World".  I'll mention one they featured that's been on my list to visit for quite a while: the Geisel Library at UC San Diego.


Yes, that Geisel - this library building was named after Theodor Seuss Geisel, Dr. Seuss, "in honor of Geisel and his wife, Audrey, for the generous contributions they made to the library and their devotion to improving literacy".

Isn't it beautiful?  I've been told this concrete and glass library has got some incredible views. I'll have to check it out soon, since I get pretty close to it when I drive down to Encinitas, CA, where my son is enrolled at St. Katherine College.  

I've stopped by the Encinitas Library a couple of times, and I think it has quite the view (unfortunately, they don't take dinner reservations!)...what do you think?

Encinitas Public Library


No, this is not a schmancy hotel, it's the library's balcony!!

Children's area, indoor...

...and outdoor

Of course a visit to Encinitas wouldn't be complete without a stop by my favorite coffee shop, Pannikin!



Would you like to read about other libraries I've visited in Southern California? Click the links below:
Camarillo Public Library
Huntington Beach Central Library
Los Angeles Public Library
Placentia Public Library
Orange Public Library
Tustin Public Library

6 comments:

  1. It's a stunning library! I had the privilege of singing a recital here last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry, the Encinitas Library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still wish I'd have come! :) I didn't know they had an auditorium!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's to the right after walking in. It has a full ocean view just like the rest of the building. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a amazing library with adorable ocean view.
    Luton parking meet and greet

    ReplyDelete